Thursday 1 June 2017

It's June and we say farewell ...

Welcome to June and our final challenge here at Pixels and Paper.

Thank you to everyone who has played along with us over the past couple of years and a special thank you to the wonderful guest designers who have shared their talent with us. My sincere gratitude to the amazing design team (past and present) who have inspired me and supported me in this creative pursuit – you ladies just rock. 


So, for this last challenge, I hope you will play along with us with this stencil based challenge – Be creative, Be bold and Enjoy!

CRITERIA - Use a stencil

And this is how our team was inspired ...

DI
This month's inspiration photo had me looking at the bright pop of colour from the umbrella. In my stencilling and embellishments, I have picked up some of these colours.

ELAINE
I chose a grid design and used the Kaisercraft Pawfect collection and used the check paper in the collection to echo the lines too.

REBECCA
coming soon

LYNNE
I did an art journal page with a quote I liked; the bridge theme inspired me, as did the single pop of vibrant colour.

PHILLIS
I was inspired by the black and the metal look.

SHAZZA
I used the negative part of some alpha letters.

KAREN
I chose a stencil that brought to mind the patterns in the bridge trusses, and used metallic silver on black to continue the theme. I scrapped some photographs of our road trip from last year, driving on the Sea Cliff Bridge.

JANE
I was inspired by both the umbrellas and their colours.

Hope you can come and join in with us for our final challenge. Please remember we only accept combining our challenge with a sketch challenge.

Please upload your entry to the link tool on the LEFT by 11.55pm on June 30th.

We can't wait to see your wonderful stencilled pages.

Please come back on the 8th when we will announce our winners for May.



5 comments:

  1. thats so sad, that you are stopping this, wishing you all the very best for the future, with new horizons and adventures. another one to take off my page, i do know where you are coming form , i too also , am not doing as many as i used to 3 years ago, ( from 25 a month now to 10 if im lucky) good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sad to see this is the last challenge. It was a pleasure to be on the DT and I have loved the challenges. This would be one of my fave challenge sites. Wishing all the best for the future
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad to hear that this is your last challenge. I have enjoyed playing along with your wonderful inspiration! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sad. I have really enjoyed P&P but I understand that priorities change. THank you so much for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for your wonderful challenge blog - I will really miss it and have really enjoyed playing along. All the best to you and your wonderful team.

    ReplyDelete