Monday 15 May 2017

Our May guest ...

Please welcome our guest designer for this month, Kylie gW with her simply stunning take on our inspiration image for May. 

I loved the softness and feeling of the inspiration photo - a love for a mother or motherly love; highlighted by the flowers and the touches of pink and yellow. And then I just went a bit mad on the 'shabby chic' theme with lace, papers, swirls and curls, stitching, and bling!!! I used a photo I don't think I've scrapped before with me in my little baby high chair but switched out the roses for one of mum's (and my) favourite flowers - the camellia, also a couple of birds for our shared love of bird watching. When it gets closer to Mother's Day I will create a card based on this page and give it to Mum.

Hi. I've been digi scrapbooking for a few years now, been around the online comp' traps and love it cause I now have total control over everything that goes on my pages. If I can imagine it, now I can create it. Plus it enables me to keep a record of what I'm doing, what I'm passionate about at this point in time, and share my love of digi and scrapbooking, as I usually make my pages look as much like a handmade page as possible, rather than go down the Photoshoped page look, which means alot of drop shadows and lots and lots of layers. I use Adobe Fireworks (formerly Macromedia Fireworks) to create my pages cause the file sizes are smaller and program works smoother than Photoshop, but that's just my personal preference. I do have formal training in digi programs from years ago that I still draw on today.

http://kyliegwseekingrainbows.blogspot.com.au/

And here are two of my favourite recent layouts ...



Everyone has until the end off the month to play along with our Pixels and Paper challenge. We'd love to see your entries based on this image and our vintage / shabby chic criteria.



2 comments:

  1. Welcome Kylie :) I love your take on the May challenge, and your other digi creations are also fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank u Karen. It was fun to do (and my Mum loved her card as I doubled it as her Mothers day card.

    ReplyDelete