Thursday 22 September 2016

Team training for September ...

Welcome to our August edition of  Team Training brought to you this month by team member Phillis Walrath.

Each month one of our team will inspire you with a little tutorial, tip or trick to help you in your scrapbooking pursuits.

Making your own background by Phillis Walrath

Today I am going to show you how you can make your own background using stamps, versa mark,  heat  embossing, and ink spray.  I was making the top of my page on a white background.  I used a back side of a colored piece of paper that wasn't my favorite.  I tore the paper so that it was about a third of a 12X12 piece of paper.
I first chose 3 stamps, of various sizes.


Start with the largest stamp.  On white paper stamp with the versa mark in several places.  you can also stamp off the paper (just be sure you have some scrap paper underneath).

Then pour some heat embossing powder onto the paper.  I chose the gold. Pour the excess powder back into the container.


Next use the heat embosser to heat up the gold.  As you see here I now have several gold flowers on  my paper.


Then I use the versa mark with the next biggest flower.  I add another color of heat embossing powder.  I chose white.  Once this has been heated stamp the paper with versa mark and then add a third color or one of the same colors.  I used halogram highlight for my third color.  Heat these flowers. 

Here is my paper with the three flowers.  The middle sized white ones can not be see here.


I waited until these were cool and then I sprayed ink on my paper.  I used a green and yellow.


This paper should be dry before you try to handle it.  You will see that the spray does not  stick to the flowers. 


I wanted to have a contrast in my background so I used purple paper for the rest of my background.  I sprayed gold, silver and white ink on this paper.


I Glues my "white" paper to the top of my purple paper and then added my photo and embellishments.   Here is my final creation.


I hope you give this a try sometime.


Don't forget to have your entry in for our challenge this month.  Some lovely prizes on offer - one prize by vote, another completely by random draw and a guest designer spot with RAK to offer one lucky entrant. You have until 11.55 on the final day of the month to have your submission linked.

No comments:

Post a Comment