Monday 28 October 2013

It's All American ...

We have an email entry from Donna Seamon who tells me this is her first ever entry for any challenge !

 


I love the glowing birthday candles against the dark backdrop of the inspiration photo. Nothing speaks to me more of a birthday celebration than candles glowing in low light.

Our adult daughters were responsible for the Eagle Cupcakes for my husband's birthday this past June. I let that Eagle (he has an extensive eagle objects collection) carry a theme near and dear to his heart; America. Along with that...Harley Davidson, which he's owned and ridden since the early 1970's.

The map of the USA depicts his city of birth; San Diego, California, & the city we currently live in Michigan.

Since we were singing Happy Birthday when we took the shots, I added a white tile, on which I embossed a Treble Clef as a reminder of the song being sung.

I'm not sure if you can see them, but I used an eagle rubber stamp with a VersaMark inkpad to create watermarks on the plain red background page.


Thank you so much for playing along with us here on Pixels and Paper, Donna.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice page, I love the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very striking layout. I love the story behind your page. It's great to have had you join us for your first challenge. I hope to see more of your work. Cheers, Di

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on your first challenge entry Donna. This is such a gorgeous page. Thank you for playing along with our challenge in October. I relly hope to see your entry pages again :)

    ReplyDelete