Wednesday 22 March 2017

March team training ...

Welcome to our latest edition of Team Training brought to you this month by Phillis Walrath.

Each month one of our team will inspire you with a little tutorial, tip or trick to help you in your scrapbooking pursuits.

Color and texture backgrounds by Phillis Walrath

Today I am sharing a way to make your background have color and texture. 

I started with a pizza sized box, a piece of bubble wrap, and a spray ink.
 
I put the bubble wrap inside the box and sprayed it with the ink.
Then I put my paper on top of the bubble wrap and pushed down to let the ink "stamp" on my paper.
This is what it looked like.
I moved the paper and then "stamped it" again on the bubble wrap.
 
Once the ink was dry I added washi tape strips near the side of each edge.
Then your back ground is done.

Once I added my photo, embellishments, string, and journaling my final Page looks like this:
 
If you don't have any bubble wrap you probably have some other textured material that you can use to spray the ink on.  I am sure wrinkled up foil is will work.  I always put my paper into some kind of box before I spray it.  This helps to keep the ink from spraying all over my scrap room.

I hope you will have some fun with spray ink and bubble wrap soon!

Don't forget to have your entry in for our challenge this month.  Some lovely prizes on offer - one prize by vote, another completely by random draw and a guest designer spot to offer one lucky entrant. You have until 11.55 on the final day of the month to have your submission linked. Please remember we only accept combining our challenge with a sketch challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment